I told you I would be making this cat house,
And since I told you I'd show you,
I have to write a post about it....
even though I'm not excited about writing a post about it....
So....since I told you I'd show you.....
Guess I'll have to show you....
This is one of those projects that I was excited about beginning...
and then half way through I didn't want to finish it.
Maybe the reason is I had a few problems:
1. bought the wrong width pellon. Mine came in 20" width
the directions call for 30" wide.
2. Pellon did not stick too great...so I had to "quilt" the pieces
before putting them all together.
3. The color is not MY color (but, since it's a gift, we'll let that one go)
4. the fabric I chose tended to unravel at the edges.
5. the white interfacing shows up on all the edges and
looks tacky...lesson learned:
Don't use black fabric with white interfacing.
You can see all my "quilting" stitches inside there.
That little name plate up there....my favorite part.
Then to make myself feel better I made this.Banana cake
(that I call banana bread)it cooks faster than bread, serves more and tastes just the same to me.
2 or 3 ripe bananas - mashed or cut fine
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
mix these together.
2 Cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
bake at 350
in a greased 9"x11" pan
20 - 25 minutes.
End of story:
I gave the cat house away.
They loved it.
I had a LONG coffee break with a yummy snack.