I finished this quilt yesterday!
I've had a backlog of baby quilts to make
and this is the LAST one that has a due date!
I quilted it simply with my walking foot...
following along with the chevron pattern.
Good thing it's a baby quilt!
There was a lot of stopping and turning involved.
I even found a great fabric for the backing!
This quilt went together SO quickly.
Thought I'd share with you how I did it....
the SPEEDY way.
I began with 9 different fabrics
cut in strips 7"wide width of fabric.
One strip of EACH fabric.
I folded them in half and made a few RANDOM cuts
using my 45 degree line on my ruler.
I began Placing my ruler at the top left corner
and finished on the bottom right corner.
Each SLICE is different.
I didn't MEASURE how wide each slice would be.
Some are wide.
Some are thin.
I was able to get 4 slices from each strip.
ACTUALLY it looks like 4...but it's double...so it's 8!
I put my slices off to the side as I cut.
I had a lot of triangles left over.
I saved these.
Then...I opened my stack of slices and made TWO stacks.
One slice goes one way....
the other slice goes another way.
I made SIX columns of slices.
(this photo shows only 2)
Three columns go one way.
Three go the other way.
I just picked them up RANDOMly and sewed them together.
I have a DESIGN FLOOR at my house.
As I worked I laid them out and EYEBALLED the lengths.
For you that are NEW to sewing....
this is what the seam looks like.
The point hangs over the end a bit where the seam begins.
Here they are all lined up together.
When they were all ABOUT the same length...
I added the leftover triangles to the bottom and top of each column/row.
and then cut OFF what was too long!
(my quilt measures 38"x43")
It was a FUN way to sew.
I also made bread yesterday.
the BREAD MAKER made the bread.
I just added the ingredients.
Mmmm...It was yummy.
(instead of candied fruit, I used some dried fruit I had on hand)